Witnesses to Hunger – New Haven Chapter is a group of community members with lived experience of hunger and poverty advocating for food security.
Our vision is a united community where all people have access to adequate, good quality, and nutritious food; they understand the causes and consequences of hunger and poor nutrition; and they are committed to creating a stronger healthier New Haven.
Our mission is to unite our community (New Haven) in identifying, addressing, and creating positive solutions to food insecurity through:
- Sharing our stories of our lived experiences
- Investigating the underlying causes of food insecurity
- Educating our community and policy-makers
- Encouraging and supporting community voices
- Advocating for social and economic justice